Thursday, April 28, 2005

Janice Brown...Just Vote Her In

Let me preface this post by saying that at this point I no longer have any idea what is racist or sexist, so if the next few paragraphs offend you please forgive me, no offense is meant.
On the Dennis Prager radio show this morning, Mr. Prager said something that certainly caught my attention. He was rambling on about the Senate judicial appointee debacle. Then he began talking about Judge Janice Brown. He stated that she is a libertarian.
Here is the point that might peg me as both racist and sexist...A black woman libertarian? Be still my pounding heart. I never imagined such a creature existed. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Here’s another reason for me to hate the filibuster! Just vote her in already. Hey Lib Senators, if you’re afraid to vote, give me a call I’ll do it for you...she’s in!
While on this point I have a favor to ask. If you are a woman libertarian, African-American libertarian, and/or an African-American woman libertarian please comment. Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why you are a libertarian, how you came to your philosophy, your general area of the country, things like that. I am sincerely interested. Mostly because I am well aware that society is stacked against you and thus you must be a truly brave and confident individual. I’mlooking forward to hearing your stories.