Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Last Saturday

I bought a gun last Saturday. It’s my first one. It’s a chrome colored .357 Smith and Wesson revolver.
And though many may not believe it, I actually passed the background check. It took one quick call to Karl Rove and I was all good.
I had been mulling over the idea for some time, but it was the unrest after the hurricane and levee breach that sealed it for me.
You see, I do not want to have to rely on the government for anything. One must be blind not to see that government can do very little well. My safety and that of my loved ones is something I want done well.
So I bought a gun last Saturday. It won’t be my last. It’s a six shooter with a four inch barrel.
I will not abide lawlessness. I hope I am not alone.
Theft of another’s property is lawlessness. Rape of women is lawlessness. Murder and mayhem are lawlessness. There is no excuse to act like an animal. None. People have been poor since people have been around. There is no excuse to act like an animal. Hear that Celine Dion, Michael Moore, Harry Connick Jr., all of the rest of you rationalizers of human evil?
When you justify evil it does not die, it thrives.
So I bought a gun last Saturday. It’s used, but it looks just like new.
There is a rift in our country. It is huge already and only getting larger. Its cause is the mindless, almost psychotic hatred of George W. Bush.
The Left would have us believe that one man is to blame for every evil known to man. That this man, voted into office by over half of the American voters, is more malevolent then Satan himself.
And the Right is tired of hearing it. We’ve heard it for five years now and it’s getting old. OK, so Bush causes cancer, we get it. Grow up.
But I am painfully aware that logic and a call for sanity can not penetrate the shell of hatred you’ve built for yourselves. I just wonder how far your hatred will take you.
So I bought a gun last Saturday. I pick it up tomorrow. I’m not sure how I really feel about that.