Friday, August 26, 2005

Sandy Sherman Returns

Sandy Sherman Returns
August 26, 2005

Skokie Illinois (IP) - Sandy Sherman returned today to resume her self-proclaimed ‘quest for answers’.
She is, as you may recall, the mother of Casey Sherman. The Skokie police officer who was shot and killed in the line of duty in August of 2004. Officer Sherman was on a standard traffic stop, issuing tickets for ‘speeding’ and ‘uninsured motor vehicle’ when the perpetrators opened fire. Officer Sherman was killed instantly.
Mrs. Sherman stated that the family matters that had drawn her away from her vigil, were all now ‘hunky-dorey’.
“I am back. And I am once again demanding answers!” she cried. “Chief Down, you tell me why my son had to die!”
Skokie Police Chief Pat M. Down had only this to say, “I talked to Ms. Sherman when she was here before, and to tell you the truth, she is just a nut case. Nothing can be gained through my meeting with her again. For God sakes, after the last meeting she accused me of making sexual advances at her! Have you seen this woman?”
As one can imagine, Mrs. Sherman was not happy to hear these words from the Chief.
“All I want is for him to tell me the real reason my son had to die. That he died so the City of Skokie and the State of Illinois can gain revenue from writing speeding and uninsured tickets. That he died so that Joe Schmoe wouldn’t have to pay to fix the dent in his bumper with his own comprehensive insurance. That he died so that American citizens would be forced to drive five miles slower...thus increasing gas mileage and enriching the greedy oil barons. You tell me the truth, my son died for money!”
“You want to stop the speeding, Chief? You get rid of speed limits and that will stop the speeding. But that won’t fit into your Zionist agenda, will it? Who will pay for you lox and bagels, then?”
“Am I emotional? Yes, my son was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for a IDOT neo-con agenda to keep property taxes low by using traffic citations as a secondary revenue stream. I know full well that my son, my family, this city and this state were betrayed by Pat Down who was influenced by the Illinois Department of Transportation and their links to Halliburton.”
Mrs. Sherman had yet more to say...
“My son was killed in 2004, so I’m not paying any more tolls. If I get a letter from the IDOT, I’m gonna say, you know what, this toll is illegal; this is why this toll is illegal. This fee is immoral; this is why this fee is immoral. You killed my son for this. I don’t owe you anything. And if I live to be a million, I won’t owe you a penny.
“How can they force us to have insurance? It’s ‘insurance’, damn it...not ‘assurance’! How can they force us to follow speed limits? Limits set by whom, the Founding Fathers? We have no Constitution. We’re the only country with no checks and balances...”
And she went on...
“I can take all of the right wing attacks on me. I have been lied about and to before. Their attacks just show how much I am getting to them and how little truth they have to tell. What really hurts me the most is when people say that I am dishonoring Casey by my protest in Skokie. By wanting our officers to come home alive and well after each shift, that I am somehow not supporting them...For Casey to even join the Police department, let alone being killed in action was the thing that was most uncharacteristic of him.”
Mrs. Sherman claims she will stay camped out in front of the Skokie Police Department’s utility shed until she gets some answers. Or until the media wakes up and ignores her psychotic ramblings.

Crossposted @ The Wide Awakes