Saturday, August 20, 2005

In Her Own Words..Sheehan Meets the President

The President: Ms. Sheehan, good to see you, again.
I understand you have some things you would like to talk to me about...

Sheehan: You tell me the truth. You tell me that my son died for oil. You tell me that my son died to make your friends rich. You tell me my son died to spread the cancer of Pax Americana, imperialism in the Middle East.

The President: That is just not...

Sheehan: You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism.

The President: Take a deep breath ma’am, your getting emotional...

Sheehan: Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy.

The President: Please, let me speak for a moment.
It is just not that simple.
What you and many on the far Left fail to realize Ms. Sheehan is that, in fact, we are all Pacifists. Most all men want peace. It is the human condition to long for a world where our children can grow up safe. Here we are alike. Where we differ, however, is you and your friends are idealists and utopians. Driven there through fear and denial. I, however, am a realist.
There is real evil out there in the world, Ms. Sheehan. There are people and nations who lust for our destruction. Yours. Mine. Our children’s. Deep down I think you know this, but your fear drives you to denial. You see the evil, yet you dismiss it. The evil savagery of Saddam Hussien. Deny. His mass graves. Deny. His vengeful hatred of America. Deny. The horrid things done to women in the Arab world. Deny. The millions upon millions massacred in Africa. Deny. The missing and jailed in Castro’s Cuba. Deny. The pieces of innocent Jews splattered on diner walls. Deny.
But I can not and will not deny these things. I know that evil exists. Unfortunately I am witness to it every day. And I will not dismiss it.
I have no more courage than you, ma’am. In fact, it may be that because I actually face the existence of evil rather than ignore it, that I am impelled to act. Your denial itself buffers you from the responsibility to action. You see, Ms. Sheehan, in the end your fear causes you to deny evil, mine fear demands I face it.

Sheehan: It has been...months since your ignorant and arrogant lack of planning for the peace murdered my oldest child.... your dishonest campaign stole another election…but you all were way more subtle this time than in 2000, weren’t you?

The President: Please, let’s keep this rational.

Sheehan: My son was killed in 2004, so I’m not paying my taxes for 2004. If I get a letter from the IRS, I’m gonna say, you know what, this war is illegal; this is why this war is illegal. This war is immoral; this is why this war is immoral. You killed my son for this. I don’t owe you anything. And if I live to be a million, I won’t owe you a penny. And I want them to come after me, because unlike what you’ve been doing with the war resistance, I want to put this frickin’ war on trial. And I want to say, “You give me my son, and I’ll pay your taxes.

The President: I did say ‘rational’, right?

Sheehan: We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now.

The President: My God, woman, take a breath. Let me ask you a question. You are an American, would you fight for your country?

Sheehan: 9/11 was Pearl Harbor for the neo-conservatives’ agenda...
We have no Constitution. We’re the only country with no checks and balances...
America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for.

The President: I have been told you don't even think we should be in Afghanistan...

Sheehan: Well, but there were a lot of innocent people killed in that invasion...So I believe that our troops should be brought home out of both places where we're obviously not having any success in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden is still on the loose and that's who they told us was responsible for 9/11.

Mr. President: But you don't even think...

Sheehan: We might not even have been attacked by Osama bin Laden...

Mr. President: Enough! Ms. Sheehan, I am truly sorry for your loss. And I feel for all the chaos in your life. But I am the Commander-in-Chief, sworn to protect the American people. As bad as it is for you with the loss of your loved one, it is my duty to look at the larger picture. You have your responsibilities to the universe, I have mine to America.

Sheehan: I was just the spark the universe chose for some reason to spark this off, because, like I said, the movement was already there.

Crossposted @ The Wide Awakes