Saturday, March 04, 2006

Some Fun With Sticks and Stones

There a few things as vitriolic as a Liberal when faced with an opposing opinion.
And fewer yet, things quite as funny.
At the risk of seeming like I am injecting a cheap plug, my blog name is Sticks and Stones. How this is relevant here will become clear soon enough.
Recently I was blog surfing and came upon a blog that caught my eye. Why? The name of the blog is With Sticks and Stones.
Interesting, I thought. And in my normal playful sarcastic mode posted the following comment on a post there:
gblagg said...
Argghhhh. You stole my blog name and your a Liberal. I'm in hell!!!
2/16/2006 6:10 PM

I should have known better. Here is what I got in return:
ariadnek, ph.d. said...
gblagg: "STOLE" your blog name? Hmm...in that case, please provide a link; I also highly doubt you even had (or even now have) a clue about Einstein's statement...'cause I'm not sure if fascist conservatives are capable of reading that well.
2/16/2006 11:17 PM


and:
ariadnek, ph.d. said...
gblagg, I found your blog (and incidentally, yours definitely was not a title "stolen" by us: yours is somewhat weak and out of context). I find it intriguing that you claim to be a Libertarian...I think your problem is that you're just a disguised neoconservative that desperately needs to get laid. Your hand doesn't count, either. :-P
2/16/2006 11:29 PM

Oh yeah, I'm also a neo-Nazi(thanks, Brad):
Brad said...
Interesting you can't point to any outside source that denies what I know to be true, only your own idiotic ramblings.

"Libertarians" are what KKK members would call themselves were they still active.

2/20/2006 12:24 AM

And for more on the Pandora’s box my sexual practices:
ariadnek, ph.d. said...
Dude...I guess you didn't get laid last night after all. I'm right on with Brad's perspective, and it would be impossible for any of your inane drivel to flex my convictions.
2/19/2006 5:32 AM

So as the adult in this internet relationship, I felt it was up to me to offer the olive branch. I sent the following e-mail to ariadneK, Ph.D.:

Dear Writers @ With Sticks and Stones,

Let me begin by stating my original comment on your blog was made half in jest. I have been blogging for a little over a year over at Sticks and Stones and when I ran across your blog, I was rather amused and somewhat excited. I was curious at its content and at what a brothers-in-name might have to say. When I stated you stole my blog name, it was meant in a wry, playful manner. I hope it was taken as such.

But let us get to the point of this correspondence.

Our country is deeply divided, as I am sure you are well aware. This is not a special case in the history of this nation, but the level of vitriol seems more intense and in all seriousness downright dangerous.

Thus, I feel, fate has offered us a unique opportunity here. It seems obvious to me, and I am sure to you as well, that our ideologies could not be more dissimilar. It is here where the opportunity presents itself. I offer you a truce. No, an alliance.

Here is my idea. In the interest of understanding, I propose we each be open to cross posting on the other’s blog. When a story of mutual interest pops up, we could express our opinions on the matter and run both posts on each other’s blog(Or on a different blog completely with the ‘Sticks and Stones’ theme, linked from our individual blogs).

This would allow both of us to reach an audience we never would have had access to. As well, it would allow the reader entrance into a world of ideas he may have never thought existed. It could open eyes to the innate differences, as well as spark awarenesses of what we actually may have in common. Beyond these honorable reasons, it is just quirky enough to turn into something big.

If you are interested, I do have a few prerequisites. We must remain civil in our arguments. We must allow that the other is intelligent and thoughtful in his ideas and opinions even while we may be in disagreement. We must agree that although our opinions on matters may differ, we both have the good interest of our nation and its people at heart. We must allow comments, unmoderated, as I feel that understanding the motivation of an argument is often more important than reaching agreement. These terms are open to discussion.

Think on it. If you are interested, please comment on one of my posts and we can work out details from there.

Thank you in advance,

GBlagg @ Sticks and Stones
stickandstone.blogspot.com

I received no reply. Although in all truth I had actually hoped for a hate filled rant, seething with bile. I guess you can't always get what you want.
So it was back to work for me.
Next was my comment on their profound post that basically stated that rape is bad:
gblagg said...
Wow, you guys are against rape...you really stepped out on a limb on that one. Pat yourselves on the back for your high fallutin' moral compass. Whew boy, you should start a religion or something. We lower life forms need direction.
2/27/2006 6:00 PM


Back to my sex life:
ariadnek, ph.d. said...
Go f***(asterisks are mine) yourself with a razor, gblagg. Then again, you'd probably get aroused by the prospect.


kim: we'll have a party with it!!! :-)
2/28/2006 11:54 PM

Alas, it goes on and on with Cracker entering the fray(If you enjoy this sort of thing or would like to jump in, go here). Yada, yada, yada.
But here is the tally so far. I am an idiotic, fascist, stupid, undersexed neoconservative. A pseudo-anarchist militia member in the KKK. A dumf*** Repulitard.
Wow. I guess I really am all that.

Crossposted @ The Wide Awakes