Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm Here All Week....

For those of you who are faint of heart, no ‘feelings’ were killed in the writing of this post. But, I am planning on making statements that could offend or insult you, so enter at your own risk....

-Apparently Dick Clark had a small stroke yesterday. His publicist stated Mr. Clark "is recuperating" and that there's ‘no cause for alarm.’ Whew that was close.

-Taking offense is a choice. It is not something brought on by nature like tsunamis or locusts. It is a personal choice. My mother used to say, “Sticks and Stones may break your bones....”. I’m sure yours did too. To take offense at any statement, other than those made to simply intimidate, is childish. If you don’t like Christmas...grow up. If curse words offend you, grow up. If George Bush’s Texas drawl makes you feel the rest of the world hates you, grow up.

-If I could change the physical laws of the universe for one day, here is what I would do...I would destroy every atom, gluon, and subatomic particle used to make up Paris Hilton, Anna Nichole Smith, Michael Moore, and any team that dares to beat the Fighting Illini this college basketball season.

-If you can explain to me how you can teach history without the mention of religion, I’d be interested to hear it. C’mon I know some of you from The Land of Fruits and Nuts(California) could spout it rote.

-Aside to the comment on a recent post wondering if Ann Coulter and I are really the same person...When’s the last time you saw us in the same room at the same time? Hmmm, now there's a thought!