Monday, October 25, 2004

Just Wondering

1) On the missing weapons in Iraq Sen. Kerry said today:

"Terrorists could use this material to kill our troops, our people, blow up airplanes and level buildings."

Let me get this straight, the weapons that were not dangerous yesterday because they weren’t WMD’s, are suddenly dangerous now because they can be used ‘to kill our troops, our people, blow up airplanes and level buildings’? Nuance?

2) And so,

"I went to meet with the members of the Security Council in the week before we voted. I went to New York. I talked to all of them, to find out how serious they were about really holding Saddam Hussein accountable."

actually means…I don’t know maybe,

“I saw a couple foreigner looking guys at a restaurant in New York and asked them how they liked the Boston cream pie.”

Let me know when the nuance stops, I’ll start listening.

3) How is it democracy for 1 party to file law suits to keep another parties candidate off the ballot?

4) I have no children, so I often ask friends and family why I should have to pay, through property and income taxes, for schools and education? The usual reply is that we all, as a society, benefit from the education of our children. OK, but if that is the case, then do only those who own property and make over $28,000 dollars make up all of society?

5) How on Earth have I survived 41 years without a flu shot?

6) If John Kerry was a Republican and returned from Vietnam saying that his fellow soldiers were murderers and rapists, would John O’neill, the Swiftees, and many vets still oppose him? I’ll answer this one myself…YOU BET THEY WOULD!