Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My Concession Speach

I spent some time on November 2 doing some exit polling of my own. Turns out I recieved 4 total votes for president of this great country. I will not name names in respect for those who pledged their support. That and they warned me that they know where I live. So, in respect for that very support, here is my concession speech:

The American people have spoken. And their voices are echoing throughout the streets of the world and through the very halls of history. They have chosen, and I pray chosen wisely. But only time and history can answer to that.
Yet this much is beyond question, that democracy lives and thrives in these United States. And that the entire world has seen a free people act with responsibility and honor.
There have been many speed bumps on the way to November 3rd. The 527's on both sides. The overtly obvious agenda and bias of the media. Propagandists spewing their rhetoric unquestioned. Politicians pandering to the young, the old, the poor, the wealthy, the entitled, and of course the afraid.
Even so, we still remain the freest people on this Earth and these difficulties are mere hiccups in this great experiment we call democracy. And we must remember, unwaveringly, that what makes this country the greatest history has ever known are our freedoms. Our freedom of speech, of owning property, of choice, of gun ownership, of religion, and of thought. Yet still, we must continue to fight for these freedoms. Fight and not be willing to cede them in exchange for our safety and peace. We are a strong and resolute people and we shall continue to survive and move forward.
Because of these things, I concede this election to George W. Bush. He has my backing, my blessing, and respect as honors the office. I wish him well in the next four years in his endeavor as the leader of the free world. And I pray that he owns the wisdom and resolve to act accordingly. Mr. Bush, good luck, be safe, and God bless.